Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day gift idea: Birth month flowers

As you may know by now, Mother's Day is tomorrow. If you are still stuck on what to get dear old mum, consider giving her mums!
Personally, I prefer to give gifts that last, such as potted flowers or books. They strike me as more personal, more meaningful, and they serve as a constant reminder of important events.

Calendula is the birth flower for October. 


After planting some calendula for Heather, I learned that the flower has some medicinal benefits. The flower can be used for pain relief from bee stings, and is also beneficial as an astringent. In addition, calendula has has anti-inflammatory effects, which can help the skin, and useful as a gargle for sore throats. All of this just added to the flower's special meaning as Heather's birth flower.

Here is a list of birth month flowers you could get for the moms in your life (don't forget grandmothers and the mother of your children). Make a lasting impression, and give a gift that will keep on giving, and growing.

January - Carnation
February - Violet
March - Daffodil
April - Sweet pea or Daisy
May - Lily of the Valley
June - Rose
July - Larkspur
August - Gladiolus or Poppy
September - Aster
October - Calendula
November - Chrysanthemum
December - Narcissus

I hope this helps make your last minute Mother's Day shopping a little bit easier.

Thank you moms for the gift of life! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to everyone out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete